Monday, October 15, 2007

Patriots in Dallas

After several years of talking about it, I finally decided to travel to Dallas to watch a football game. My beloved Patriots were going to be there and the Cowboys are nearing the end of their time in Texas Stadium, so I went. In attendance with me at the game was friend and client Tom and Anthony, as well as Anthonys son Tony. When the guys picked me up at my hotel, there were nods of disapproval, since Anthony is a die-hard Cowboys fan and I was decked out in my Patriots gear. The walk from the car to the stadium was very long, especially wearing the other teams colors. Not as bad as wearing red in the wrong LA neighborhood, but certainly no sense of southern hospitality.

The game was a back and forth, if you are interested in those details, check out www.nfl.com. The Duel in Dallas lived up to almost everything it was supposed to, including a win for the 6-0 Pats. With the Patriots piling the points on before the end of the game, when we finally wandered back to the car, it was much quieter, with nary a boo for the red, white and blue of New England.

No comments: