Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lifes growing events



In 1985 my ten year younger sister was born. I've always been old enough to recognize events that she has gone through. First it was going to kindergarten, then high school, driving her first car, graduation, college and even college graduation. Through all of these events I never felt old. I had done my thing and she had done her thing, along the way we both supported each other and are as close as siblings can be. On Saturday ML and I drove out to her new apartment in the rain with a truck load of her things. We also drove a second load including a mattress and box spring to her new apartment. No amount of tarps or tie-downs will keep things dry when it pours cats and dogs like it was. Every time it started to rain harder, we seemed to be outside loading or unloading the truck. Lots of pour timing (yuke intended). After several hours everthing in her new place was in somewhat in order and we prepared to leave. Only at this time did I ever feel old with her. She's done a lot and there's a lot more planned in her life, best of luck little sister.

No comments: