Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fitchburg Wrap-up

The first two days of Fitchburg were a hoot. By the end of the road race though, I was a walking zombie. I went through the motions the last two days, figured that my overall GC wasn't going to change and wanted to try to make something happen. Well, what happened though was that the pack stayed together both days and we finished in a group. After four days of racing, I headed into my rest/off the bike week and really enjoyed not doing anything.

Statistically my race was a great improvement over years past. Comparing my time gaps to the winner of the TT and road race were significally less. Even my position in the standings was a significant improvement. The most shocking tale though is that if I took my time gaps from this year and put those against the results from 2006 (my last time doing the race) I would have been inside the top 20. That's really why I don't like comparing one year to the next. Too many variables that change. I'm glad the race is over, onto GMSR training races now.

No comments: