Friday, June 13, 2008

TT things

Three weeks ago I picked up my TT bike. I almost immediately took it over to the local weekly time trial race. The bike worked well, but it wasn't adjusted fully. Even as it was, I did the course in 22:54, four seconds off my personal best. The conditions were decent, not excellent and the wheels were stock. I've fiddled with the bars, got the position better and took it back. On a warm day in temps in the upper 80's, I went back. Riding what felt like a pretty conservative race I flew. The final result was a very strong 22:06. Taking nearly 48 seconds off my former PR, I was stoked!!! I still rocked the crappy slow wheels and know that I've got a little bit more left in my legs, another PR is to be netter soon.

Next week will probably be a conservative race, as I am heading to the Giro. Not in Italy, Jersey. It's kind of like the Italy of the south. Not really though. The Giro of Jersey looks to be a good three day stage race as prep for Fitchburg.

As if the PR wasn't enough good news for the week, the race director of GMSR announced that they will no longer be doing the mass start uphill App Gap stage on day 1. Instead they will be incorporating an out and back ITT. This was met with a very happy face. Unfortunately I continued reading and found out that the race will be based on time, not points this year. App Gap is going to continue to be where the race is decided, but now it will be evident how fast the climbers are. Oh well, that's a concern for August, not June.

No comments: