Saturday, November 3, 2007

Stage One PG





1.75 miles, 14 minutes and 1000 feet of climbing, equals nearly 12% grade. The race was a blast. Having been intrigued by the race by the description, then convinced to do it by Mike and Cathy, we registered then proceeded to warm up. The riders started at 30 second intervals and I was the first Elite rider to go off, following the Elite women and the Intermediate riders. Focused on pacing, I kept it in a moderate gear and tried to spin up. About five minutes into the race, I started to pass riders and my spirits lifted. While the grade was steady and unrelenting, it wasn't as steep as Pac Mac or App Gap. 14 minutes after I started, the finish came into view and I was able to sprint by one more rider for a satisfactory finish. Stage results and placings to follow.

No comments: