Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Big Dog has been chained up again...

Well, after a very refreshing ride outside, the weather seems to have turned and things haven't been so good. A team ride scheduled for last Saturday was canceled at the last minute because the forecasts didn't look promising. When I woke up on Saturday, there was a good snow falling and a light accumulation on the ground. Sunday saw another group ride go out, but with family committments, I had to cancel. Not to be one to skip a workout, I jumped on the trainer and completed my ride indoors. While the workout itself was uneventful, the numbers at the end were. Perhaps a picture can do more justice then a description.

In case you can't make it out, that's 3 hours and 40 minutes of riding a stationary trainer. It took me almost a day to regain my sanity.

4 comments:

Todd Rowell said...

Nice. But average speed isn't very informative on a trainer. You should show us the average power instead.

Like this.

Scott said...

It's not even about average power as this was a controlled workout. An entire workout at endurance pace. The photo is just about the duration.

Steve said...

Hey Scott,

My Bud Keith - I rode from Simsbury Ct. up into Mass around Congamond + Back today 50 miles . Not bad for me I have not done 50 for a few years, This getting back into riding is all good!

The OtherSteve - Garys DAD

BeastGP said...

Surely it's always about power? Otherwise the little buggers wouldn't cost so much?
;-)
Doubly-so on the trainer.
I like Todd's screenshot - it says Big Dog.

Also - I'm pretty sure that more then 3 hours on a trainer contravenes several human rights laws.